Sunday, March 24, 2013

Six Flags (March 23, '13)

Yesterday I spent the day with my dad's side of the family at Six Flags for my cousin Kylie's birthday. All I wanted to do was stay home and sleep though because the week prior was tiring, but family first!

I applied more moisturizer than usual on my face for the extra SPF. Call me crazy, but I even brought an umbrella in case I needed it while we were waiting in line. I'm actually glad that I didn't end up using it though because the weather was surprisingly nice! There was plenty of shade around the park and in the lines, so it was bearable! I'm proud to say that I kept my skin tone, and I plan on keeping it that way. I refuse to get dark!

We spent the first half of our visit in the toddler area for my baby brother. He rode all the rides there like a brave little boy! We also played around in the ball pit (one of my favorites) several times. That place is all sorts of fun for all ages! At around 1pm we had the family meal baskets for lunch (hamburgers, chicken strips and fries). The more extreme rides came afterwards! The waiting times for a good majority of them were over an hour, but we pulled through. However, the wait in Goliath stood out the most. The guy in front of us started making conversation with me, and we made small talk before he introduced himself. "My name's Ricky by the way. Might as well since we're going to be waiting here for an hour or so." He made some good company, but from my peripherals I could see my family staring me down, LOL. That ride will now forever remind me of how I made an acquaintance with a complete stranger. If only I took a picture with him!

We left the park at exactly 8pm and headed towards my auntie's area for dinner at one of our favorite buffets there. Zen buffet! As you can see, I'm a sushi fanatic and proud! Don't worry, that's not all I ate. I had a few other several servings of some favorites of mine, including clam chowder! Then you always have to have the dessert! It was all so fulfilling! It's one of my favorite buffets, but there is still yet to be one to top Pala's.

We spent the night at our auntie's after this long day. My dad wasn't capable of dropping us off back to Diamond Bar let alone go back to Temecula. All the young ones knocked out at around 10ish while I worked on my essay due early this week. Yes, even after a long day I still have to fit school into the schedule somewhere! I knocked out around 1:30ish, maybe 2am. 'Twas a family day well spent! I'm glad that I ended up going.













No comments:

Post a Comment