Friday, March 15, 2013

Keck Medical Center of USC

I went to work with my mom earlier today! She had a class from 9am-11am and asked me if I wanted to tag along so she could use the carpool lane. Lol -_-. I guess I didn't mind giving up one out of the three days I'm able to sleep in. We had to leave at 7am so I woke up at 5am as usual. It's all morning traffics fault. At least it wasn't as bad as it is usually is during the week because it's Friday!

Since we arrived an hour earlier than expected, we decided to have breakfast at the cafeteria. "Ew, hospital food" is the first thing that came to mind. Surprisingly enough, it was a five star meal! I had an omelette and two hash browns. It was filling. My mom also gets discounts, so the overall price for both of us was only $5! I shouldn't have doubted it. It is USC after all. There were also so many different colored scrubs in the cafeteria that my mom explained to me which color represents what. Haha. She took me on a mini tour afterwards. I got to see the floor that her and my auntie work on and meet a few of her co-workers and even her boss! Seeing everyone at that desk (in the picture below) reminded me of Grey's Anatomy, and I got the typical "You look like your mom," "You look like sisters," and "An ganda ganda naman" comments from her co-workers. Filipinos, haha! That's all we had time for until she had to go to class. I did homework and studied in the lobby while waiting.

The REAL reason I decided to go however, is because I recently applied for an open position here as a caregiver (someone who takes care of patients one on one) on the weekends. I wanted to see the environment, and let me just say that hectic doesn't even begin to describe it. I would manage though. I'm good at adjusting. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to get this job. I want to get the feel of working in a hospital, and opportunities like this don't happen often! I can already picture myself in those scrubs, heh! ♡







No comments:

Post a Comment