Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Self care" therapy.

Earlier this morning around 8:30am my mom and I snuck out to run a few errands. We're the early birds in the family! We did some "self care" as my mom would call it. It was more of retail therapy to me (even if it was just make-up)!

Yes, we both had a bit of a make-up haul. At Target, I bought a new mascara. I've currently been using Maybelline's Great Lash just to finish up the left overs my mom never used. I'm back to CoverGirl's lash blast fushion now! In addition to the mascara, I also invested in Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Perfector B.B. Cream. It was recommended by my mom, and when I tested it out at the store it went well with my skin! I was pleased to see that it was oil-free, too. I was also in need of a new bottle of make-up remover, so I grabbed this pink bottle of Maybelline's that Grace recommended since Neutrogena's was a bit too pricey. It saved me $3!

West Covina mall was our next stop. My mom has grown a bit of a boba addiction that she's always craving it now (but I'm not complaining), so we bought a large Milk Tea at Lollicup's! Yum! She returned a pack of eyeliner at Macy's, and then we went to Sephora. She's trying to re-build on her make-up kit because she lost hers at work. $100+ worth of make-up in there! What she brings it to work for I'll never know. Unfortunately, they didn't have Bobby Brown (her favorite) so she settled with one of Benefit's concealer.

Puente Hills mall was the last stop of the morning! My mom wanted me to get my eyebrows waxed. I've gotten them threaded once before, but I was a bit scared for waxing since there are chemicals involved. I sucked it up though, and the outcome was amazing! (See picture below). Waxed, shaped and cleaned! We were both in awe. Just for the fun of it, we went to the MAC at Macy's to see how they would look like filled in. It was such a jaw dropper! It looked way better, but still natural! Definitely shapes my face. My mom bought me the pencil he used (yes, it was a he) which I wasn't expecting because of how expensive MAC is. I forgot to take a picture of the filled in look, but I'll be sure to post one up once I do them on my own! I need the practice to make them look on point. Lol!

We came back home around 1:30. What a morning! I'm excited to try the B.B. Cream and fill in my eyebrows! I'll most likely be updating with the overall outcome on Monday. Mm, I enjoy our random mother daughter days. My mom is truly one in a million. ♡

Well, back to reality! Chemistry exam and Statistics quiz on Monday, and an English paper due Thursday. Eek!



No comments:

Post a Comment