Thursday, January 24, 2013

Taking a moment to reflect on how much I've grown since high school.

Take a poll on who has changed, grown and matured the most since high school, and I'd probably be the winner. It's only been two years, but I believe that I have and still am.

High school:
- Friends > Basketball and dancing > Boys > Academics
- Recieved all types of grades A-F
- Texted and slept in classes
- Never ending drama
- Re-occurring sadness and moping
- Depended too much on people
- Didn't dress well

College:
- Academics > Work > Friends
- A and B student (But always trying for a 4.0)!
- Refuse getting anything lower than a B
- Never fall asleep in class
- Keep my phone in my bag
- Always attend class no matter what
- Boys and relationships don't matter
- "Fuck it" and "Idgaf" mentality with people/things
- Learned how to deal on my own and not depend on anyone
- Girly to the point where I don't wear jeans anymore

I'm not proud of who I was throughout those four years. To be honest, I didn't see the importance of high school until everyone started leaving for their first year of college in the summer of 2011. All I wanted to do was have fun and enjoy it while it lasted. I didn't have my priorities in order, and I admit that. Nowadays, a good majority of people and things that I put so much of my effort into maintaining have become irrelevant, it takes a lot to make me sink back down into that emotional level, and school above all. I've done a complete 360 turn with my life. I now know what's important and what's not, but it's just unfortunate at how long it took me to pull myself together.

I've improved myself all around over the years though, and that makes me pretty proud. I'm glad to feel like I'm no longer who I once was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment