Saturday, January 5, 2013

My short-cut to happiness.

I attended alumni practice today, and dancing is still as fun ever. We're practicing for a performance at our old high school, Great Oak, for Breakdown on January 26th. Three more weeks! Hopefully the medley has a good turnout because we're the opening act. I'm glad that more people from the class of '09 and '10 are able to do it because that just makes it all the more better. I also feel like having Joseph and Danielle around helps keep the group in check and get more done in one practice. Take today for example, we learned three dances in five hours! It was such a good feeling. To be honest, I only decided to do this because they are.

I've missed dancing. When I learn new choreography, have trouble getting it down, until I go over it so many times that I get annoyed of the song. The endless practices with hardcore cleaning. Being backstage the day of the performance; going over the medley in my head, making sure I’ve got everything down and clean, and having the feeling of my heart beat speeding up because I’m nervous. When I walk onto that stage and have people screaming, whether it’s that they’re excited to see the performance, my name, or doing a “sexy” move. The enjoyment that I get when I hit each of my moves full out. The achievement that I feel when my friends come up to me and say that I did good, and that they liked it. & The happiness that I get in the process of it all.

Take me back to where it all started and replay all of the memories that were made during the practices, performances and everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment