Monday, February 10, 2014

First weekend as a TL

Box TL 4-12am (Friday, 02/07):
I walked into the first rush of the day with the knowledge of my closing team member having called off. I counted onto a drawer knowing I was about to endure a busy night, but kept in mind everything that Amanda has taught me thus far. As a team member in box, I only concerned myself with lines and cutting up passes. As a TL, not only did I hop on when I needed to in order to help out with the lines, but I also needed to keep track of passes (bundling them to make it easier on me to close), breaks, guest services, and paychecks considering it was payday. Guest services was filled with swaps, on swaps, on swaps! Apparently, I "was in the zone." That came from one too many people that night, haha. Since my closer called off, I was REALLY thankful that Katherine was willing to stay. Besides the refunds, the packet turned out to be even which I was happy about. After clocking out that night, I felt better about myself because even though things weren't perfect, it went pretty damn smooth.

Box TM 10-6pm (Saturday, 02/08)
Yes, it was a team member shift but I definitely did things that was supposed to be the TL's job. With a team member shift, my first priority are the lines. I realized that my TL that day wasn't keeping up with the passes, and on his down time all that he was doing was watching the projector. Needless to say that I did him a favor and did all the bundling for him. It was a good thing I did also, because when I came back from my 30 I was asked to help with the packet because he didn't know how to yet. Amanda, who was crowd control, jumped in to help him however since I was on register because of lines. When it started to die down, I did my part in helping out when he says, "I need to go because I'm about to hit my 8th hour." I realized that his swaps, refunds, and ultimate passes were off. So, as he left Amanda and I were stuck trying to figure out where he went wrong. It took us a good 30min+ to get everything down. Still don't know how we miraculously got all the numbers to match, lol. When she told me that "It would've been worse if I didn't have your help" that made me feel good. Especially because it came from her, the queen of box office!

Concessions TL 8-4pm (Sunday, 02/09):
I went into this shift really nervous, and of course the first thing that Heaston tells me when I see him is, "Be prepared for a rough morning. We're understaffed and three people have already called off." Great. I made it a point to get all the opening chores done, that way we can stock up on what we can before any rushes came our way. We were hit about an hour after opening, and after that it was non-stop. I felt like I had to work twice as hard because I didn't have a concessions manager, and my swing didn't come in until 1. It goes without saying that shift was really brutal, and I was definitely drained by the end of it. The only good thing that came out of it was how well management thought I did. & That made me pretty damn proud for my first CTL shift. Also, as I was walking out I heard my name, and it was Mr. Wilson calling me over.
"Are you off?"
"Yeah."
"I know we were understaffed, but you did a really great job today."
"Thanks! That actually means a lot." 
"You're getting better everyday, Keana. Keep it up."

I guess you can say that my first weekend as a TL wasn't half bad. ESPECIALLY when you take into consideration with how busy it was. & I'm happy that it was. But again, there's always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment