Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Moving really does show you who your real friends are.

I used to regret moving here because I had to adapt to a different place and people. I lived in Temecula for 13 years, and I wasn't sure how things would play out. But I realize now that things couldn't have worked out any better. I was able to receive my first job, make new friends and adjust to a completely different environment outside of my comfort zone. I'm happy here.

Now, I'm not sure where my friendships in Temecula lay. It's sad to know that I've lost touch with certain people that mattered the most to me. Naturally, I try my best to keep up with them via Twitter and Instagram, but when I'm in town or hit them up I actually want to take the time to really catch up with each others lives. It's unfortunate that when I try to spend time with them they already have other things going on, or they just don't seem to be into the conversation. I never liked being the only one putting in the effort in maintaining a friendship, and eventually it gets tiring and pointless to do so.

Despite all of that however, I've learned how much they really mean to me. The new friends I've made here came to mean a lot also, but they can never compare to my friends from home. My friends from home taught me the meaning of friendship during my college years. Moving may have shown me who my real friends are, but they all truly affected my life, and I can never really forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment